Oriental rugs can easily bring a dull room to life with their exotic feel and sophisticated designs. Authentic oriental rugs are usually hand-woven and some are even hand-painted. They usually come from the Middle East although some also comes from Vietnam, China, Tibet and India. However, how can oriental rugs liven up a room if it looks dingy, dull and dirty? Good thing there are Oriental rug cleaning specialists you can contact to do the thorough cleaning of your precious rug without damaging it.
Of course, the best way to preserve the beauty of your rug is by prevention. Always keep your rug dust and dirt free. Regular vacuum cleaning and careful washing ensures that dust and dirt will not accumulate and damage the rug’s fibers. Another way to prevent acceleration of wear and tear is to avoid stepping ad walking on the rug with your outdoor shoes especially if the rug is placed in a high foot traffic area of the house. It would be better to walk on it barefoot, with socks or with any foot cover so it does not accumulate as much dirt.
1. Hold one corner of the rug up and give the back of the rug a strong tap. If the rug needs cleaning, a cloud of dirt will visibly fly out of the pile. Some fibers will fly and this is just normal.
2. Next, rub your hands on the pile for about five to ten seconds. Look at your hand, if it is dirty then you need to have your rug cleaned.
3. Fold the rug into two (pile up) exposing the line of knots. Inspect the foundation of the pile. If there is deep-seated dirt in the pile, the warp and the weft would also look dirty. There is really a need for your rug to be thoroughly cleaned.
• A good cleaning service should know how to identify the type of rug that you have. Their cleaning specialists should document whether the rug is hand-made or machine-made, identify the country of origin, type of pile or fiber and the pre-existing condition. They should be able to document each rug and carpet cleaned including taking photos and compiling it in a client’s file.
• They should perform dye testing before washing your rug to test for bleeding. Each rug should be washed gently using water, a neutral-balanced cleaning solution and a conditioning solution if needed.
• Since hand cleaning is the best way to clean a rug, drying should also be done by hand. It should be hung to dry naturally for a day or two.
• If the rug is too delicate to undergo the usual cleaning process, rug cleaning service should be able to find alternative cleaning methods such as dry cleaning in order to restore the appearance of your rug like new.
Lastly, a good Oriental rug cleaning service should also offer additional perks such as insurance coverage or a money-back guarantee. This way, you are certain that the cleaning service will be able to provide you with the highest satisfaction expected from them. Contact us now let us help transform your rug with our rug cleaning service.
Copyright 2018 © New York Carpet Cleaning®, Inc. All rights reserved by Ron B Ami.
New York Carpet Cleaning®, Inc. and is registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Any unauthorized use of the New York Carpet Cleaning name or trademark is prohibited by law.